Transfer Student

An applicant who has previously attended another regionally accredited post-secondary institution(s) is considered a transfer student. Official transcripts from these institutions should be mailed directly to the address below or submitted electronically through a credentialing service such as Parchment, National Student Clearinghouse or Scribbles:

Lurleen B. Wallace Community College
Admissions Office
P. O. Box 1418
Andalusia, AL 36420

  • In addition, the following items are also required:
  • a completed LBWCC Application for Admission
  • Placement Assessment results or ACT scores of 18 or higher in English, 20 or higher in reading, and 20 or higher in mathematics. Transfer students who have completed degree-creditable, college-level English or mathematics courses with a grade of “C” or better will exempt the placement assessment requirement. Transcripts are required documenting these courses before a transfer student is exempted from the placement assessment.
  • all male students between the ages of 18 and 26 must have registered with the U.S. Selective Service System
  • other documents required of first-time students may also be required

Applicants with the above credentials are considered “degree eligible”.

General Principles For Transfer of Credit

Coursework transferred or accepted for credit toward an undergraduate program must represent collegiate coursework relevant to the formal award, with course course content and level of instruction resulting in student competencies at least equivalent to those of students enrolled in the College's own undergraduate formal award programs. In assessing and documenting equivalent learning and qualified faculty, recognized guides which aid in the evaluation of credit will be used. Such guides include those published by the American Council on Education, The American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers, and the National Association of Foreign Student Affairs.

A course completed at other regionally accredited postsecondary institutions with a passing grade will be accepted for transfer as potentially creditable toward graduation requirements.

A transfer student from a collegiate institution not accredited by the appropriate regional association, or the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges may request an evaluation of transfer credits after completing 15 semester hours with a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or above.

A transfer grade of "D" will only be accepted when the transfer student's cumulative GPA is 2.0 or above at the time of admission. If the student has a cumulative 2.0 or above, the "D" grade will be accepted the same as for native students.

Credit may be extended based on a comprehensive evaluation of demonstrated and documented competencies and previous formal training.