Presidential Transfer Scholarship Information Available
Presidential Transfer Scholarship Application
Scholarships are available to the following schools:
- University of Alabama
- University of West Alabama
- Auburn University at Montgomery
Applicants, who wish to be considered must meet GPA requirements, have completed an admission application to the transferring school, and plan on enrolling at that school for the Fall 2019 term.
Quick Facts about these awards:
- - University of Alabama– this scholarship covers the cost of tuition (for up to four semesters) and will be awarded to one graduate of LBWCC. GPA requirement is 3.0.
- - University of West Alabama (Scholarship Value: $2,750 per year and is renewable for up to two academic years with a minimum 3.0 GPA) GPA requirement is 3.0. If selected, student must submit an official scholarship application from UWA with letter of recommendation.
- -Auburn University at Montgomery SPAN Presidential Transfer Scholarship - this scholarship will be awarded to one LBWCC graduate with an Associate in Arts or Associates in Science Degree. GPA requirement is 3.5 on a 4.0 scale. Must be admitted to AUM by August 1 and must participate as a Transfer Ambassador in programs for new transfer students and assist on other events as needed and available.
Transfer Scholarship Packets are available in the Financial Aid Office. The completed packet must be turned in to the Financial Aid Office no later than February 8, 2019 at 12:00 Noon.
The scholarship packet must include the following items:
- Cover letter to Lurleen B. Wallace Community College President, Dr. Riedel requesting consideration for the award
- LBWCC transcript
- Two letters of reference
- Scholarship application
- Resume’ stating activities, community service, work experience, honors and awards
Should you have any questions please contact Donna Bass (334)881-2272 or email@example.com.
Other transfer scholarships not awarded by LBWCC:
- Jacksonville State University - Presidential Scholarship Program: For additional details or questions, students may contact Martin Weldon, University Scholarship Coordinator at 256-782-5677 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Auburn University at Montgomery - An unlimited number of LBW Transfer Scholarships will be awarded each year. Requirements: Transfer from LBWCC upon completion of an Associates in Arts or Associates in Science Degree, must havea cumulative GPA of 2.75-2.99 to receive a $500 per year, must have a 3.0-3.49 GPA to receive $1500 per year; must have a minimum of a 3.5 GPA to qualify for $2500 per year and must be admitted to AUM by August 1 of each year. AUM website
- Troy University - offers various University Transfer Scholarships to LBWCC students. Please visit their website for additional information. Troy website
- University of Montevallo – this scholarship will be awarded to an unlimited amount of students transferring from LBWCC. 40 Semester hours of course work and a GPA requirement of 3.25. (Amount will be determined by the University of Montevallo). University of Montevallo website
- University of South Alabama - offers various University Transfer Scholarships to Community College Students. USA website
- University of West Alabama - Available to transfer students with a 3.0 or highter GPA. These awards are $2,000 per year and are renewable for up to two academic years with a minimum 3.0GPA. Must submit scholarship application. UWA Website
For other schools, please visit their College’s website.