Other Scholarship Opportunities
GED & Ready to Work Scholarships
LBWCC awards students who passed the GED (General Education Diploma) examination and obtained the certificate on or after July 1, 2002 and students who complete the Ready to Work (previously known as Focus in Industry Training [FIT]) program and obtained a high school diploma on or after July 2, 2002. This scholarship offers student up to 3 hours of tuition and fees in accordance with the Alabama College System’s Student Aid Program Policy 805.03. Students should contact the office of financial aid on the campus they plan to attend to request this scholarship.
CARCAM offers scholarships to female students in any of the STEM fields or automotive fields. Please visit www.carcam.org for more information.
Other CARCAM scholarships:
- Applications due February 28 (each year) and may be found at www.carcam.org.
- Student must be in Welding or Electronics
- $1,500 per year, (750 per semester)
- Only 3 per college may be awarded per year
- Students goal must be to "obtain employment in manufacturing" and this must be reflected in their letter.
College Counts Scholarship Program
- Scholarships will be awarded to Alabama residents attending Alabama colleges.
- Award amounts will be $4,000 for four-year college enrollees and $2,000 for two-year college enrollees.
- The award is a one-time, non-renewable award that will be granted on a semester basis in recipient’s freshman year.
- Institutions must be accredited, nonprofit two or four-year colleges/universities in Alabama.
- Scholarships will be applied to tuition, fees, books, supplies and equipment required for course load.
Applicants must meet all of the following criteria to be eligible for this scholarship:
- Be a high school senior or first-time college freshman beginning in fall 2013
- Be a U.S. citizen
- Be an Alabama resident
- Be enrolled or planning to enroll in an Alabama eligible educational institution
- Demonstrate financial need
- Have a minimum GPA of 2.75
- Have an ACT score of 26 or below
((applicants attending a two-year school will not be required to submit ACT scores)
Apply at: http://collegecountsalabama.com/
Other scholarship resources:
The links below provide additional information regarding scholarships available from outside sources:
Do not pay for Financial Aid Information!
For information about scholarship scams or to report a scam call the Federal Trade Commission toll free at 1-877-ftc-help (1-877-382-4357) or go to www.ftc.gov/scholarshipscams.