LBWCC INSTITUTIONAL SCHOLARSHIPS FOR NON-TRADITIONAL STUDENTS
Description: This scholarship is for non-traditional students. (This term applies to students who are 21 years of age or older and/or those students who have been out of high school for one or more years or have passed all sections of the GED.)
Minimum GPA Requirement: Current or previously enrolled students must have a cumulative 2.5 GPA or higher.
- For two term awards, students must have 20 or more credit hours to complete at LBWCC.
- If a student has previously completed a degree, he or she will not be considered.
- Students are ineligible if they have been awarded any other LBWCC scholarship/waiver for the 2019-2020 academic year or previously received an LBWCC scholarship/waiver for two consecutive years.
Length and Value:
- Two-semester scholarship that will cover tuition and fees (building, facility renewal, reserve, and technology)up to $1,500 Fall 2019 semester and up to $1,500 Spring 2020 semester as long as the student is enrolled in a minimum of 12 credit hours. Only in approved academic circumstances will scholarships be awarded to students enrolled in less than 12 credit hours and the scholarship amounts will be prorated.
- For the Fall 2019 and Spring 2020 scholarship, the deadline to apply is July 19, 2019.
Read these instructions carefully before submitting your application:
- Complete the Admissions Application (if you have not previously applied to LBWCC).
- Complete and submit the 2019-2020 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FASFA) form. LBWCC's School Code is 008988.
- Submit all official transcripts to the Student Services Office.
- Submit two letters of recommendation.
- Explain any circumstances that demonstrate a special financial need for assistance with your college expenses.
Please note that your application will be considered incomplete unless all required documents are submitted by the required deadline.
Click here to complete the online application for the institutional scholarship for non-traditional students.