Tired of seeing people with a bad hair day? If so, enroll in Cosmetology and give them the help they need. Cosmetology is the scientific study and practice of beauty culture. A major part of cosmetology education is devoted to learning and mastering essential knowledge and basic skills for treating the scalp, hair and nails.
General Education Requirements
- Introductory Technical English I
- Introductory Mathematics I
- Oral Communication Skills
- Introduction to Computer Skills
General Studies Hours - 13
- Introduction to Cosmetology
- Introduction to Cosmetology Lab
- Business of Cosmetology
- Cosmetology Salon Practices
- Theory of Chemical Services
- Chemical Services Lab
- Hair Coloring Theory
- Hair Coloring Lab
- Basic Spa Techniques
- Basic Spa Techniques Lab
- Employability Skills
- Career and Professional Development or Special Topics in Cosmetology
Cosmetology Hours - 39
Total Credit Hours - 52
According to the Occupational Outlook Handbook, median annual earnings in 2019 for salaried cosmetologists, were $26,270. The median hourly wage for hairdressers and cosmetologists was $12.54 not including tips. The top 10 percent earned more than $24.94 per hour.
According to the Occupational Outlook Handbook, overall employment for cosmetologists is projected to grow up to 8 percent through 2028. A high percentage of operators become licensed as managers and open their own shops. A position as technician or demonstrator of cosmetics and hair coloring offers an additional opportunity. For a well-qualified cosmetologist, the teaching field in private and state accredited schools provides further areas for occupational advancement.
Discover majors and in-demand careers and education based on your interests! Visit the LBWCC Career Coach site for more information.
- Students have the newest products and up-to-date equipment available for use.
- One license covers all areas. (hairdresser, nail technician, esthetician, colorist, etc.)
- Complete the program in three semesters.
- Excellent opportunities are available for men and women.
- With dedication and hard work you can surpass your goals and expectations in this profession.
Click on the link below to view the Cosmetology Gainful Employment Disclosure
Cosmetology Gainful Employment Disclosure