Apprenticeship is an industry-driven, high-quality career pathway where employers can develop and prepare their future workforce, and individuals can obtain paid work experience, classroom instruction, and a portable, nationally-recognized credential. It includes:
- Paid Job - Apprentices are paid employees who produce high-quality work while they learn skills that enhance their employers' needs.
- On-the-Job Learning- Develops skilled workers through structured learning in a work setting.
- Classroom Learning - Improves job-related skills through education in a classroom setting (virtual or in-person).
- Mentorship - Provides apprentices with the support of a skilled worker to assist and enhance critical hands-on learning.
- Credentials - Offers a portable, nationally-recognized credential to be issued at the completion of the program.
LBW Community College is proud to partner with local business and industry to offer apprenticeships to our students. We currently offer an Industrial Electronics registered apprenticeship with Wayne Farms in Jack, AL. We are actively working to expand our apprenticeship programs and grow our industry partnerships.
If you are a company looking to partner with LBWCC, please contact Jennifer Hall at 334-493-5315 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are a student looking to apply for an apprentice position, please see the available opportunities below, for questions contact Kelsi Scruggs at 334-881-2244 or email@example.com.
Current Apprenticeship Opportunities:
- Wayne Farms, Jack, AL - Industrial Electronics
Once you have completed the harassment training, click here for your completion certificate.
Please listen carefully to the safety policies, practices, and guidance provided in this video.