Dual Enrollment for Adult Learners (DEAL Program)
LBW Community College allows students who do not have a high school diploma or High School Equivalency (GED) certificate to enroll in a credit-based certificate program at LBWCC and apply for federal student aid including Pell Grants and WIOA, if they can demonstrate that they have the “ability to benefit” from post-secondary education and training and can meet certain other requirements..
The federal student aid “ability to benefit” eligibility option is available for students without a high school diploma or GED who:
- Pass an approved Ability to Benefit (AtB) test. At LBWCC, this is the ACCUPLACER.
Be dually enrolled in an approved career technical education program and an adult education program
Students that wish to take advantage of the Ability to Benefit (AtB) opportunity for federal student aid eligibility will need to complete these steps…
- Enroll in LBWCC’s Adult Education program. ENROLL NOW.
- Complete the LBWCC college application process. Click HERE to apply.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at http://fafsa.ed.gov.
- Complete the ACCUPLACER for AtB eligibility purposes. Learn more about this Placement Test and sign up for the test online at https://www.lbwcc.edu/student-services/counseling-advising/testing.