MATH BOOSTER INFORMATION
Upon successful completion of requirements established by the LBWCC Mathematics Department, students have the opportunity to earn credit for Basic Mathematics (MTH 090), Elementary Algebra (MTH 098), or Intermediate College Algebra (MTH 100).
MATH BOOSTER REQUIREMENTS
- The student must be officially registered at LBWCC for either Basic Mathematics (MTH 090), Elementary Algebra (MTH 098), or Intermediate College Algebra (MTH 100).
- The student must complete an online Final Exam review prior to the first class session of the semester. The student is allowed to complete the review as many times as needed during this timeframe. The review will be electronically scored immediately after each completion.
- WRITE DOWN your work for each problem as you do this review. Your work should be numbered and neat, and you must turn in all work to your instructor before taking your Final Exam.
- The student can only take the final exam for the course they are registered for.
- Plans to take the Final Exam MUST be discussed with instructor the FIRST day of class.
- The student is allowed only one attempt to take the final exam and must earn a minimum score of 70% to receive credit for the course.
ONLINE REVIEW REQUIREMENTS
- Click on the name of the course (listed below) for which you are registered, (MTH 090, MTH 098, or MTH 100). Now you are ready to register for the review.
- This step will bring you to the Instructions page where you will see the course ID and the enrollment key for this review and the link to the MyOpenMath website where you will register for the review.
- Click on the MyOpenMath link.
- Click on Register as a new student where you will create a username and a password.
FINAL EXAM REQUIREMENTS
- The final exam for the course must be administered by the student’s mathematics instructor.
- The final exam for the course must be taken during the first or second class session occurring prior to the drop/add deadline.
- The student must score a minimum proficiency level of 70% on the final exam in order to receive credit for the course.
OPTIONS for STUDENTS RECEIVING CREDIT FOR MTH 090, MTH098, or MTH100
- Students receiving credit for MTH 090 are instructed to drop MTH 090 and are allowed to enroll in MTH 098 by the drop/add deadline. No additional tuition is required for this option.
- Students receiving credit for MTH 098 are instructed to drop MTH 098 and are allowed to enroll in MTH100 by the drop/add deadline. No additional tuition is required for this option.
- Challenge credit for MTH100 is not transferrable to other institutions. If credit for MTH100 is needed for transfer, the student should complete the class. If MTH100 transfer credit is not needed, students may use this option as Challenge credit.
Links to Final Exam Review
Basic Mathematics MTH090
Elementary Algebra MTH098
Intermediate College Algebra MTH100