Office of Institutional Effectiveness and Quality
The Office of Institutional Effectiveness and Quality ensures that Lurleen B. Wallace Community College engages in ongoing, integrated planning and assessment and maintains a culture of quality by focusing on operational excellence and continuous improvement.
To fulfill its purpose, the Office
- disseminates surveys to college personnel, students, business and industry, and other appropriate entities and compiles results;
- provides information for strategic and financial planning;
- reports data to external agencies, such as the U.S. Department of Education and the Alabama Community College System;
- coordinates the development of the Annual Accomplishments Report, the Fact Book, Fast Facts, the Annual Report on Student Success, and other documents;
- provides compiled information for administrative and instructional improvement;
- organizes College-wide assessment activities;
- monitors institutional compliance with the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges' accreditation criteria, especially criteria relating to institutional effectiveness;
- organizes quality training; and
- participates in quality enhancement projects.