- Amy is always so patient with me when trying to complete requisitions. I struggle so, but she is ALWAYS patient, kind, [and] respectful. She deserves special recognition. (Submitted by Robin Eckert)
- Huge shout out to Tori Norris for doing a great job with the LBW Experience!
- A BIG "Thank You" goes to Alan Cobb. What started out as a "how to" navigate through a program turned into a huge time saver for a task that is completed on a monthly basis. Thank you for going above and beyond to make my job a little easier. (Submitted by Leigh Grissom)
- Wendy [Johnson] is ALWAYS nice and courteous. Always helpful. Very patient, very kind.
- Mr. [Alan] Cobb always takes the time to help me out and explains, in detail, what I need to know. Thanks, Superman!
- [Beth Harold] Always smiles. Always helpful. Very pleasant. Very kind.
- Thank you John Carpenter for thinking of the Business Office during such a busy time of year. We appreciate your thoughtfulness. The donuts and bear claws were delicious!!! (Submitted by Leigh Grissom)
- I want to thank Cindy Green for going above and beyond in helping me schedule an upcoming meeting at the last minute. She willingly offered her assistance when she saw that I needed help. THANK YOU, Cindy! (Submitted by Ashley Williamson)
- I want to thank Beth [Harold] for going above and beyond in helping to ensure students have what they need for their classes. She has been a big help in providing me with information needed to assist our students. And she always does it with a smile! Keep up the good work Beth! (Submitted by Amy Tillis)
- So many people in Student Services have gone above and beyond the norm to assist students and faculty, but I want to especially thank Jan Riley for answering my many questions so quickly and thoroughly. Not a single issue has gone unresolved because she has been so quick to find a solution. (Submitted by Shannon Lightsey)
- Everyone on our Student Services staff has been exceptional during this confusing time, but Donna Bass has been truly outstanding. I have had to email her so many students' questions about financial aid, and she has answered each question very quickly and with plenty of detail to truly help each student as an individual. I love working with Donna and so many others who care to make people's lives better! (Submitted by Shannon Lightsey)
- Maggie [Jones] is doing a great job getting information out on our website and social media during our response to Covid19. In fact, I had a colleague from another institution tell me that their president had been looking at our website and asking why they were not putting out similar information. Thanks, Maggie, for jumping in and getting things done. (Submitted by Jan Riley)
Have you experienced great customer service from an LBW employee? If so, we want to hear about it! Click Employee Shout Out to submit to say THANK YOU or to simply acknowledge the great work they've done! There is no limit to how many times you can say THANKS or GREAT JOB!
2019 Chancellor’s Awards Honorees
Mr. Anthony Sanders
Ms. Olivia Bush
Mr. Alan Cobb
Ms. Beth Harold
Click Chancellor’s Awards to view honorees.
Professional Development Resources
Approval to Fill a Position Form
Employee Information Update Form
Exit Employment Form
Family Relationship Disclosure Form
Notification of Secondary Employment Form
Request for Employment/Status Change Form
2022-2023 Salary Schedules (ACCS)
2022-2023 LBWCC C3 Salary Schedule
Lurleen B. Wallace Community College participates in the E-Verify system to verify employment eligibility for all newly-hired employees. E-Verify is an Internet-based system operated by the Department of Homeland Security in partnership with the Social Security Administration that allows participating employers to electronically verify the employment eligibility of their newly-hired employees. Effective January 1, 2012, all State of Alabama employers are required to use the E-Verify system to verify their employees’ eligibility to work in the United States.
Lurleen B. Wallace Community College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the official policy of the Alabama Community College System, that no person shall, on the grounds of race, color, disability, gender, religion, creed, national origin, or age, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any program, activity, or employment. Lurleen B. Wallace Community College will make reasonable accommodations for qualified disabled applicants or employees. Lurleen B. Wallace Community College reserves the right to withdraw any job announcement at any time prior to the awarding.
*The Chancellor of the Alabama Community College System (ACCS) has approved a uniform employment application for all Alabama Community College System institutions and for all positions including adjunct teaching positions. This application was developed by the Alabama Community College System Human Resources Management Association (ACCSHRMA) to standardize the employment application within the Alabama Community College System and to ensure that all legal requirements are met.