Veteran’s Affairs – General Information
The Lurleen B. Wallace Office of Veteran's Affairs/Financial Aid Office
- Processes veteran education benefit applications, changes, and terminations.
- Verifies course enrollment.
- Coordinates course of study with Academic Advisors.
- Maintains student records.
Alabama State Disabled Veteran Dependent Scholarship Program also called the Alabama State G.I. Dependents’ Scholarship Program or Alabama GI Bill. Certificate of Eligibility from the State of Alabama Department of Veterans Affairs, P. O. Box 1509 Montgomery, AL 36102-1509. Phone: 334-242-5077. Web site www.va.state.al.us then click on Scholarship Programs For additional Alabama State G.I. Dependents Scholarship Program information, contact your local county Veterans Affairs Office located in your county courthouse.
Federal Department of Veteran's Affairs
The Federal Department of Veteran's Affairs determines eligibility and maintains veteran records in electronic format.
Montgomery Regional Office: 1-800-827-1000
Muskogee Regional Office: 1-888-442-4551 - VA National Phone Center
VA's GI Bill Web Site: http://www.gibill.va.gov/
US Department of Veterans Affairs Web Site: http://www.va.gov/
Responsibilities of the LBWCC Student Veteran
The LBWCC student veteran must:
- Report any change in enrollment status to the LBWCC Veteran's Affairs Office.
- Coordinate their course enrollment with their respective Academic Advisors.
The following documents are required to apply for benefits:
- DD214, member 4 copy, for prior Active Military Service
- NOBE (Notice of Basic Eligibility) for Reservist/National Guard (All Services) All KICKER Contract paperwork if appropriate
- Letter of Eligibility for Dependents (Chapter 35)
- Chapter 31 (Voc Rehab) Must Contact the Montgomery Regional Office, Department of Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment for VA form 28-1905 Authorization and Certification Form
- Post 9/11 GI Bill, Certificate of Eligibility (COE)... Chapter 33
Enrollment Certification will be completed by the VA Certifying Official/Director of Financial Aid as follows:
- All Veteran's GI Bill Benefits will be certified by term. It is the student's responsibility to contact the VA Certifying Official and request certification at the beginning of each term.
Tuition Assistance Program - visit www.goarmyed.com
As of October 1, 2011, all active duty Army, Army National Guard, and the Selective Reserve members must apply for their tuititon assistance benefit throught he Go Army Ed webiste. Go Army Ed has created two videos to help you with applying for Army EducationTuition Assistance program. You may view this videos by clicking on either one of the following links: GoArmyEd Class Enrollment or GoArmyEd Program and Class Enrollment
America's Debt Help Organization helps veteran students become aware of what options are available for them through the federal government and what programs the Department of Veteran Affairs (VA) has to help active duty service members and veterans. They also provide information and services to military personnel and their families. Below is a list of web pages that may be helpful to you.
Credit Card Insider is a responsible Credit Resource for Veterans. They provide resources to veterans that assist them with managing their personal finances. You may visit there website at http://www.creditcardinsider.com/resources/veterans-and-debt/.