Student Support Services Program
LBWCC's Student Support Services Program (SSS) is a federally funded TRIO Program for the U.S. Department of Education. The SSS Program offers free services and support to qualified college students attending Lurleen B. Wallace Community College.
- Academic, financial, and personal counseling
- Assistance in securing admission and financial aid for enrollment at LBWCC
- Career exploration
- Cultural/social events and field trips
- Transfer assistance
- Supplemental Grant Aid (Must meet specific criteria)
- Laptop computer usage
- Tutorial services/Computer lab
- Workshops and seminars
How to Apply
Students may apply to become a participant in the SSS Program at any time. Participation in the program is limited to 400 participants and is on a first-come, first-served basis.
A student is eligible to apply if he/she has an academic need and meets one or more of the following criteria:
1. Neither parent has a four-year college degree
2. Student meets federal income guidelines
3. Student has a diagnosed disability
Students must be enrolled or accepted for enrollment and be a U.S. citizen. Interested students should call or visit the SSS Office to request an application.
Like us on Facebook facebook.com/LBWCCStudentSupportServices
Dr. Patricia Powell
Andalusia campus 334-881-2240
MacArthur campus 334-493-5355
334-382-2133 ext. 3104
Dr. Jason Cain