Presidential Transfer Scholarship Information Available
Download the application
Scholarships are available to the following schools:
-University of Alabama
-University of South Alabama
-Univeristy of West Alabama
-Jacksonville State University
-University of Montevallo
Applicants, who wish to be considered must meet GPA requirements, have completed an admission application to the transferring school, and plan on enrolling at that school for the Fall 2013 term.
Quick Facts about these awards:
- University of Alabama – this is a $10,000 scholarship (for up to four semesters) and will be awarded to 1
graduate of LBWCC. GPA requirement is 3.0.
- University of West Alabama (Scholarship Value: ranges from $2,000 to $3,000 per year and is renewable for up to
two academic years with a minimum 3.0 GPA) GPA requirement is 3.0. If selected, student must submit an official scholarship
application from UWA.
- University of South Alabama (up to 3 awards) (Scholarship Value: $2,000 per year and is renewable for up two two academic years.) Requires 30 semseter hours completed. GPA Requirement is 3.75 GPA.
- Jacksonville State University – this scholarship will be awarded to 1 students of LBWCC. GPA requirement is
3.5. This award pays full in state tuition (up to 16 hours per term) for Fall 2011 and Spring 2013.
- University of Montevallo – this scholarship will be awarded to 1 student of LBWCC. 40 Semester hours of
course work and a GPA requirement of 3.25.
Transfer Scholarship Packets are available in the Financial Aid Office. The completed packet must be turned in to the Financial Aid Office no later than February 1st, 2013 at 4:00 pm.
The scholarship packet must include the following items:
1. Cover letter to Lurleen B. Wallace Community College President, Dr. Riedel requesting consideration for the
2. LBWCC transcript
3. Two letters of reference
4. Scholarship application
5. Resume’ stating activities, community service, work experience, honors and awards
Should you have any questions please contact Donna Bass (334)881-2272 or firstname.lastname@example.org.