Scholarships are available to the following schools:
-University of Alabama
-University of South Alabama
-University of West Alabama
-University of Montevallo
-Troy University at Montgomery
Applicants, who wish to be considered must meet GPA requirements, have completed an admission application to the transferring school, and plan on enrolling at that school for the Fall 2015 term.
Quick Facts about these awards:
- University of Alabama – this scholarship covers the cost of tuition (for up to four semesters) and will be awarded to 1graduate of LBWCC. GPA requirement is 3.0.
- University of West Alabama (Scholarship Value: ranges from $2,000 to $3,000 per year and is renewable for up to two academic years with a minimum 3.0 GPA) GPA requirement is 3.0. If selected, student must submit an official scholarship application from UWA.
- University of South Alabama (up to 3 awards) (Scholarship Value: $2,000 per year and is renewable for up two two academic years.) Requires 30 semseter hours completed. GPA Requirement is 3.75 GPA.
- University of Montevallo – this scholarship will be awarded to 1 student of LBWCC. 40 Semester hours of course work and a GPA requirement of 3.25.
-Auburn University at Montgomery - this scholarship will be awarded to one LBWCC graduate with an Associate in Arts or Associates in Science Degree. GPA requirement is 3.75. Must be admitted to AUM by May 1 and must participate as a Transfer Ambassador in programs for new transfer students and assist on other events as needed and available.
Transfer Scholarship Packets are available in the Financial Aid Office. The completed packet must be turned in to the Financial Aid Office no later than February 2, 2015 at 4:00 pm.
The scholarship packet must include the following items:
1. Cover letter to Lurleen B. Wallace Community College President, Dr. Riedel requesting consideration for the award
2. LBWCC transcript
3. Two letters of reference
4. Scholarship application
5. Resume’ stating activities, community service, work experience, honors and awards
Should you have any questions please contact Donna Bass (334)881-2272 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other transfer scholarships not awarded by LBWCC:
Jacksonville State University - Presidential Scholarship Program: This scholarship will cover the cost of in-state tuition for fall and spring up to 12 hours each semester. (24 semester hours per year) and is renewable for 1 year. Requirements: Student must graduate from LBWCC beginning the 2015-2016 academic year with an overall 3.5 GPA and have never attended Jacksonville State University. These scholarships are unlimited in number. Applications to JSU and the scholarship may be completed online through www.jsu.edu. Applications must be completed no later than March 1, 2015. For additional details or questions, students may contact Martin Weldon, University Scholarship Coordinator at 256-782-5677 or via email at email@example.com.
Auburn University at Montgomery - An unlimited number of LBW Transfer Scholarships will be awarded each year. Requirements: Transfer from LBWCC upon completion of an Associates in Arts or Associates in Science Degree, must have a 3.0-3.49 GPA to receive $1000 per year; must have a minimum of a 3.5 GPA to qualify for $2500 per year and must be admitted to AUM by May 1 of each year.
Troy University - offers various University Transfer Scholarships to LBWCC students. Please visit their website for more information.
For other schools, please visit their College’s website.